Get the convenience of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on a big screen in your 2014-2018 Chevy Silverado or GMC Sierra.
- Fits 2014-2018 Chevy Silverado (WT, LS, LT, LTZ, High Country) and GMC Sierra (SLE, SLT, Denali)
- 9-inch touchscreen display with piano black bezel and selectable matching accent lighting
- Access your maps, music, calls and messages through Apple CarPlay™ or Android Auto™
- Sound tuned by Alpine for the Silverado and Sierra cabin
- Touchscreen control other truck accessories when used with the KAC-001 Accessory Controller (sold separately)
- Do you use your smartphone in and out of your truck for practically everything? The 9-inch i209-GM Restyle Dash system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capabilities optimizes your main smartphone features in a way that lets you concentrate on driving. Enjoy the latest in-vehicle smartphone technology along with a restyled dash bezel that’s made for your Silverado or Sierra.
- First-Rate Alpine Engineering and Sound Tuning for Your GM Truck The 9-inch i209-GM is Alpine engineered for the Silverado and Sierra with an Alpine-designed dash kit that surrounds the 9-inch screen with a matching fit and finish for your truck, as if it came that way from the factory. Do you stream all your audio and video entertainment? Then the mech-less (no CD/DVD) i209-GM is perfect for you with its many digital entertainment options to keep your drive enjoyable.
- The i209-GM not only looks good in the dash, it sounds good too because it’s already custom tuned for the Silverado and Sierra. T/ailor the sound tuning even further with adjustments to Time Correction, Dual HD EQ, Media Xpander HD, and Crossovers.
Everything You Need in One Box
The i209-GM comes with everything you need to install it into your 2014-2018 Silverado or Sierra*. A fully loaded wiring harness allows for direct plug and play installation to the truck as well as harnesses for future upgrades like the KAC-001 Accessory controller or the KCX-C250MC multi camera controller. A programmable iDatalink Maestro module is included (a $129 value) for steering wheel and vehicle information integration. Finally, the accent lighting on the dash bezel can be selected to match the Silverado or Sierra with a simple switch behind the main display panel.
Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Be smart when using your smartphone on the road. The i209-GM is compatible with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. After connecting your smartphone via the charging cable, and activating Bluetooth for Android Auto, you get your music, text messages, phone calls and more – all controlled from the 9-inch touchscreen and heard through your truck’s speaker system -- so you don’t have to look at or touch your phone and can keep it safely stored away.
- Navigation guidance is provided by the maps feature in Apple CarPlay or Android Auto so you get voice and onscreen driving directions directly on the 9-inch touchscreen. A supplied GPS antenna is included to provide increases navigation accuracy to your smartphone while it’s tucked away.
- The i209-GM “Works with Apple CarPlay” and lets iPhone users make and receive calls, access text messages, play music, and get directions in a way that allows them to stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay is accessed through the capacitive touch screen or the “Voice” hard button to activate Siri voice control and is compatible with iPhone 5 and later (iPhone must be connected via Apple lightning cable).
- The i209-GM is Android Auto Compatible. Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it’s designed to minimize distraction so drivers can stay focused on the road (requires both a USB cable and Bluetooth connection; requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and on Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher). Android Auto is accessed through the capacitive touch screen or the “Voice” hard button with voice control.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto give you access to popular apps such as:
- Waze: (via Android Auto only) The world’s largest community based traffic and navigation app
- Spotify: A digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs
- Amazon Music, and more
For information on third party apps, please visit the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto websites.
Android, Android Auto and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.
9-inch Touchscreen with Swipe User Interface and Anti-Glare Screen
The i209-GM’s intuitive interface allows for swipe action control. You are just one swipe away from the most commonly accessed features:
- Swipe to the Right to access the Audio and Video commands
- Swipe Down to access the adjustment settings to the Audio system or Rear Seat Entertainment system (sold separately)
- Swipe Up to access Source Selection menu to access all your entertainment sources (such as HD Radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Bluetooth audio streaming, etc.)
Take the Command Center Beyond the Dash
Have you upgraded your truck with accessories like a motorized tonneau cover, light bar, and tire air compressor? No need to add switches that clutter your dash. Now you can conveniently control these accessories directly from the i209-GM’s touchscreen! The KAC-001 Accessory Controller (sold separately) turns the i209-GM into a hub to connect and control these accessories. Eight individual outputs are available to control eight relay-connected accessories, and the accessories can be configured as Pulsed, Latched or Momentary Outputs. Preloaded graphical icons can be assigned to each accessory for quick identification on the screen.
Controlling Multiple Camera Systems Has Never Been Easier
The i209-GM comes with one camera input that can be assigned as a front or rear camera. When using a rear camera, you get handy parking guidelines overlaid onto the image. If your truck has multiple camera systems, the KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector allows them to be easily controlled right from the i209-GM’s 9-inch touchscreen (KCX-C250MC and cameras sold separately). The names of the connected camera systems appear on the touchscreen, so simply select the camera system you want to use.
Customizable Shortcuts at Your Fingertips
The My Favorites feature offers convenient shortcuts for the functions that you use the most, such as:
- Audio Sources (HD Radio™, Pandora®, iPod®, SiriusXM, HDMI/DVD, AUX)
- Phone Settings (Most-dialed Contacts)
A shortcut soft key on the touch screen within all audio and phone sources makes it even easier to add sources than before. Easily add, delete, and re-arrange your shortcut icons by dragging the icon(s) to a new location on the screen. Your settings are kept as a personal profile linked to your smartphone via Bluetooth.
The i209-GM retains select GM feature variations with the included iDatalink Maestro® Module and displays vehicle information on the 9-inch screen:
- Factory steering wheel controls
- Factory BOSE sound system (require KCX-BOSE-GM module, sold separately)
- Warning tones
- OnStar® (with embedded phone and WiFi hot spot)
- Performance gauges
- Vehicle information
- Visual parking assistance
- Climate status screens
- For Chevy Silverado 2014-2018 (WT, LS, LT, LTZ, High Country); GMC Sierra 2014-2018 (SLE, SLT, Denali)
Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling and Audio Streaming
Be smart when using your phone on the road. The built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology allows for hands-free calling, secure simple pairing (SSP) and call waiting. Icons depicting phone battery level and cellular signal level are shown on the 9-inch screen. Expand your entertainment options with audio streaming from your smartphone.
By offering endless audio and video options, the i209-GM knows how to keep you entertained on the road.
More Entertainment with Just One Cable
Now it's possible to enjoy even more content than ever before through your i209-GM. The i209-GM has HDMI compatibility for an all-digital audio and video connection via a single cable. Expand your HDMI connectivity with the KCX-630HD HDMI Selector Interface, sold separately, that adds an extra HDMI input for more flexibility.
FLAC Playback for Superior Sound
- The i209-GM offers FLAC playback via USB for the best music experience. Other supported formats include MP3/WMA/AAC/HE-AAC music playback via USB
- Works with Pandora® Internet Radio for iPhone and Android Smartphones Stream music from your Android smartphone using Alpine’s Advanced technology. With your Android, enjoy easy wireless operation of your favorite Pandora channels with Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down buttons directly on the faceplate, Quick Search features, and even create new Pandora stations and bookmark your favorite tunes on-the-go. Alpine’s Media XPander PRO DSP-Sound Expansion circuitry ensures the best possible sound for streaming music from your Pandora connection. To enjoy the same great Pandora features from your iPhone, simply connect the included iPod / iPhone audio / video cable.
Built-In Digital HD Radio®
- Alpine does HD. Get all the music and programming you want to hear in a crystal-clear digital format. FM stations with CD-quality sound and AM stations with FM-quality sound, both with virtually no distortion. Extend your music choice further with multi-casting capability HD1, HD2, and HD3 and you'll hear more talk and music content from the stations you already receive. Alpine’s exclusive Smart Reception Management keeps you tuned in to your favorite HD digital sub-channels, even when you’re in an area with limited digital reception. To find stations near you, visit HD Radio.
Made for iPod® / Works with iPhone®
- It’s convenient to control your iPod or iPhone in the car – enjoy seamless operation of your iPod in addition to full control of all your favorite media sources. Control all search options of your iPod directly from the i209-GM via Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, Podcast or Composer. The USB connection allows for high-quality iPod / iPhone playback and delivers an even faster access speed so you’ll find songs as quickly as you expect to find them on your iPod / iPhone.
Satellite Radio Ready
- Upgrade your sound experience and expand your entertainment choices by adding SiriusXM satellite radio to your I209-GM. The i209-GM is SiriusXM-Ready™ and connects to the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately, subscription required). SiriusXM features include: album art; display of channel logos; pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of content while listening to satellite radio; start songs from the beginning when tuned to any favorite music channel using TuneStart™; scan and select songs on favorite music channels with TuneScan™.
Video Entertainment for Your Enjoyment
- Although the i209-GM is mech-less, you can still enjoy DVD video entertainment while parked by adding the DVE-5300 DVD Player to playback these formats: CD audio, MP3, WMA, MPEG2 AAC, MPEG4 AAC, WAV, DVD-Video, DVD-VR, and Video CD.
Become a Tuning Expert with Alpine TuneIt App 3.0 Integration
- Create, save, and upload vehicle sound tuning parameters with TuneIt
- Expanded vehicle choices, including trim and steering position, for easier sound system tuning
- Control the rear camera guidelines, opening screen, background color and external unit connection
- BassEngine SQ adjusts bass characteristics for different types of music
Fits The Following Vehicles
- Chevy Silverado 2014-2018 (WT, LS, LT, LTZ, High Country)
- GMC Sierra 2014-2018 (SLE, SLT, Denali)